According to the EPA, 27% of US greenhouse gas production is attributable to transportation. Moving away from fossil fuels in this sector inevitably means electrification.
- Every major auto manufacturer now has electric vehicles (EVs).
- There are over 2 million Electric Vehicles (EV) worldwide and 23,000 in New York State.
- From 2016 to 2017, EV purchases have grown 70% both worldwide and in New York.
- 42 EV sedans and dozens of trucks, vans, and buses receive NYS cash rebates, plus tax credits.
Why should you get an EV?
- EVs cost 50% less per mile for fuel.
- With approximately 20 moving parts, EVs require less maintenance than gas vehicles with 2,000+ parts – (No oil changes, transmission fluid, etc.)
- 90% of most people’s daily trips are less than 30 miles.
- Plug-in EVs go 100+ miles per charge, making EVs a clean, green, cost-saving option for your household’s 2nd
Sustainable Westchester is aggregating municipal & individual EV purchases. The more who participate, the larger the discounts we can negotiate!
|Electric Vehicles for Individuals||Electric Vehicles for Municipalities|