According to the EPA, 27% of US greenhouse gas production is attributable to transportation. Moving away from fossil fuels in this sector inevitably means electrification.
- Every major auto manufacturer now has electric vehicles (EVs).
- There are over 2 million Electric Vehicles (EV) worldwide and 23,000 in New York State.
- From 2016 to 2017, EV purchases have grown 70% both worldwide and in New York.
- 42 EV sedans and dozens of trucks, vans, and buses receive NYS cash rebates, plus tax credits.
Why should you get an EV?
- EVs cost 50% less per mile for fuel.
- With approximately 20 moving parts, EVs require less maintenance than gas vehicles with 2,000+ parts – (No oil changes, transmission fluid, etc.)
- 90% of most people’s daily trips are less than 30 miles.
- Plug-in EVs go 100+ miles per charge, making EVs a clean, green, cost-saving option for your household’s 2nd
Sustainable Westchester is aggregating municipal & individual EV purchases. The more who participate, the larger the discounts we can negotiate!
If you’re interested in electric vehicles or would like to know when Sustainable Westchester secures our next EV discount, please fill out the form below:
|Electric Vehicles for Individuals||Electric Vehicles for Municipalities|