Great Opportunity To Go Electric!
Sustainable Westchester, through its electric vehicle consultant, EarthKind Energy, has secured a special offer for a $10,000 discount on the 2017 all-electric Nissan Leaf!
This program is available to all who live, work, or do business in Sustainable Westchester communities, including students or employees of Westchester colleges who live outside the county.
Combined with state and Federal tax credits, the total discount comes to over $19,000.
$10,000 off MSRP* (Sustainable Westchester discount)
+$1,700 New York State rebate
+$7,500 Federal Tax Credit
= $19,200 Total discount on a NEW 2017 Nissan Leaf
Leaf model pricing and discounts: http://sustainablewestchester.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Nissan-Leaf-Pricing-Discounts-7.6.17.pdf
How to participate:
1) Fill out the simple form BELOW. You’ll then be able to download the discount flyer/Sustainable Westchester membership certificate.
2) Bring the flyer and documentation of your residence or place of work (utility bill, pay stub, employee or student id etc) and take it to NISSAN NEW ROCHELLE, at 2533 Palmer Ave, New Rochelle NY 10801. Ask to speak with Roland (dealership: 914-576-7600; or cell: 914-882-3507)
3) Use FLEET CERTIFICATION CODE: G66970
The 2017 Leaf gets 107 miles per charge (good for 90% of most commuter & local travel) - and includes 2 years of free charging.
The all-electric Leaf lets you skip gas stations and periodic oil or transmission fluid changes. It comes with an 8 year, 100,000 mile battery warranty, and of course you will have the satisfaction of driving a clean, zero emissions vehicle.
The program ends when the remaining ~400 Leafs in New York State are sold.
If you have any questions, contact Ron Kamen @ 845-266-3723. Ron@EarthKindEnergy.com.
Or call Sustainable Westchester at (914) 242-4725.
More about electric vehicles:
Why Electric Vehicles: http://sustainablewestchester.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Why-Electric-Vehicles.pdf
How much money can you save with an Electric Vehicle? Click on this link:
To see how "The Future is Electric" - watch "The Fuel Station of the
EV SmartCharge New York Program
Click HERE for more info
SW Clean Transportation Project
save up to 25% of the total cost of ownership over the life of a vehicle
by replacing select cars with plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs)" and
"...would prevent an average of 67% of each fleet’s modeled vehicle
emissions." (Read full report here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/sites/default/files/attachments/EVSA-Summary-Report-2016_0.pdf).
One statistic - combining the SW Municipal Solar Buyers pricing with an
Electric Vehicle (EV) for passenger vehicles is equivalent to locking in a
long-term gasoline price @ ~$1.00 per gallon. So, clearly, there are
significant savings to be gained!
The goals of the SW Clean Transportation Project are to:
- Take advantage of immediate NYS grants (there are currently
several millions of dollars of NYS grant funds available on a first-come,
first-served basis. This first program ends on March 31, 2017).
- Create custom fleet plans that will meet each SW member's unique
- Position SW members for the $100+Million of Volkswagon settlement
funds that will be forthcoming in 2017.
- Combine our collective purchasing power and negotiate discount
purchases & leases that can upgrade the fleets - while reducing fuel &
maintenance costs by as much as 25%
Position your municipality in a leadership role in clean
Our ultimate goal is to then create "Community Choice Aggregation" EV
programs that can also dramatically reduce GHG and Transportation costs
for the residents, businesses, and non-profit institutions in our
The first steps are to:
- Evaluate solar projects with the SW Municipal Solar Buyers Group -
and ask for Electric Vehicle charging station options for the solar
carports and other solar systems.
- Call Jenna at 914-242-4725 or Ron Kamen at 917-453-5740 to discuss the
Clean Transportation program, begin the data collection, and start to
create a customized plan for your municipality.