Why do Complete Streets matter? Complete Streets are safe, comfortable, and convenient for travel for everyone, regardless of age or ability—motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and public transportation riders. With simple changes to the way we view and design our roads, we can make sure that everyone is safer, no matter where they’re going or how they’re getting there.
- A letter introducing the Complete Streets In A Box Toolkit;
- A powerpoint presentation that explains Complete Streets;
- A Complete Streets Policy template, created with Westchester in mind;
- A draft resolution in support of the Complete Streets Policy.
- Two policies already passed in Westchester: Lewisboro and New Rochelle;
- A list of other NYS municipalities and counties that have passed CS policies;
- A liability memo prepared by Tri-State Transportation Campaign.
- Links to one-pagers that explain how Complete Streets can improve our region, including through positive impacts on Older adults, Transportation Costs, Green Streets, Health and Economic Revitalization;
- Links to videos – one that’s very introductory and another a bit more detailed, introducing complete streets.