Para información en Español presione el botón “ES” en la esquina superior derecha
WELCOME TO WESTCHESTER POWER SOLAR SAVINGS
Solar Savings allows participants to benefit from solar energy with no installation needed on their own property. Using New York State’s community solar model, participants are subscribed to a local community solar project and earn guaranteed savings of up to 10% on electricity bills. Eligible community members will be notified in the mail and automatically enrolled unless they opt out. There is no cost to join, and participants may cancel their subscription at any time without any penalties or fees.
Sustainable Westchester is promoting climate equity by providing this opportunity first to the community members that will benefit most. Priority enrollment will go to households currently participating in ConEd or NYSEG assistance programs. These households may also be the recipients of: Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, and other similar programs.
To understand if you are currently eligible for Westchester Power Solar Savings, please select your utility service by clicking one of the buttons below.
You can also contact us at email@example.com or 914-242-4725 if you need assistance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Save up to 10% on your electricity bills!
- No need to install solar panels on your own property! Your community solar project is located within your municipality’s utility (ConEd or NYSEG) service area.
- Remain enrolled in your current ConEd or NYSEG assistance programs! Participating in Solar Savings has no impact on your current assistance program benefits. If, in the future, you are no longer enrolled in your utility assistance programs, you will remain enrolled in Solar Savings.
- Pay your electricity bills the same way. Continue to pay your monthly bill as you do now. ConEd or NYSEG will simply apply savings to your bill.
- Keep ConEd or NYSEG as your electricity deliverer. Whether or not you take part in Solar Savings, ConEd or NYSEG will continue to be responsible for the electricity grid that delivers your electricity. As always, please contact your utility in the event of any electricity service interruption.
- Keep your current electricity supplier. If your utility (ConEd or NYSEG) supplies your energy, they will continue to do so. If you have chosen an electric service company (ESCO) for your electricity supply, that choice remains exactly the same.
- There is no cost to join. You may opt out at any time without penalties or fees.
- Support local renewable energy development! Community solar projects generate local clean energy jobs, decrease fossil fuel use and improve long-term air quality.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Solar Savings uses New York State’s community solar model:
In order to meet the state requirement of increasing sources of renewable electricity, New York State provides incentives to new solar projects. Solar projects that receive New York State community solar incentives are mandated to provide savings to subscribed participants.
HOW DO I EARN SAVINGS ON MY ELECTRICITY BILLS?
- You will be allocated a portion of a local community solar project based on your historic annual electricity usage.
- The energy generated by your portion of the project earns you a solar credit of monetary value.
- 90% of the solar credit goes back to the community solar project and the utility as a subscription fee.
- You keep 10% of the solar credit as savings, which is applied directly to your monthly electricity bill!
Click here to see sample electricity bills with Solar Savings for ConEd and NYSEG.
Education & Resources
- How do Solar Savings appear on your electricity bills? ConEd Bill NYSEG Bill
- Upcoming Info Sessions & Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Past Recorded Information Session
- Sample Notification Letter & Standard Disclosure Form
- Westchester Power Annual Report
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Your participation provides you with savings and an opportunity to support local renewable energy!
Notification and Enrollment Process:
- Targeted Outreach: Sustainable Westchester conducts meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Notification Letters: Letters are sent to each eligible household as local community solar project capacity becomes available.
- 30-Day Opt-Out Period: Eligible community members have 30 days to opt out before being automatically enrolled.
- Enrollment: Households that choose not to opt out are subscribed to a local community solar project.
HOW TO OPT OUT
If you wish to opt out, please click the
Opt Out button below, or call us at 914-242-4725.
Please be aware that once you are subscribed, ConEd or NYSEG may need two to three billing cycles to process your opt-out request. Additionally, if you opt out, you may request to rejoin in the future. However, due to limited availability within our local community solar projects there are no guarantees of immediate re-enrollment.
New Rochelle City
Village of Ossining
Sustainable Westchester is committed to environmental justice and understands that equity is the foundation of sustainability. Through our programming, we seek to expand benefits from the clean energy transition to overburdened and underserved communities. Our work aims to help our communities achieve NYS Climate Act goals, including that 35% of benefits of clean energy and energy efficiency programs must be allocated towards Disadvantaged Communities. The criteria used to identify Disadvantaged Communities was developed and it is annually reviewed by the Climate Justice Working Group, and it takes into account Environmental Burdens and Population Vulnerabilities.
We are proud to put forth Solar Savings, a large-scale effort that serves and supports households in the utility assistance programs and Disadvantaged Communities by providing them with financial and environmental benefits. The opt-out structure of the offering allows us to prioritize lower income households that have been historically unable to benefit from New York’s traditional community solar model, where households sign up on an individual basis.
In our continued stride towards increased environmental justice and community partnerships, we hope to empower Westchester County residents and bring forth measurable and equitable health and economic changes.
Sustainable Westchester invites conversations with our communities on how to advance environmental justice. If you would like to connect, please contact us at info @sustainablewestchester.org or call us at 914-242-4725.
Sustainable Westchester’s work is made possible with the help of our solar and storage partners!
List of our partners/ (carousel with partner logos)
Learn more about our solar and storage projects in Solar Savings
Interested in becoming a partner click the button below to learn about our Rolling Request for Capacity. Your solar and energy projects can be part of Solar Savings.