Sustainable Westchester has fully embraced the challenge of the 27% of our greenhouse gas footprint that is transportation. We are very enthusiastic about the resurgence in interest in non-automobile mobility, and have actively promoted public transportation and the “complete streets” approach to making our roads accessible to all modes of movement and an integral part of a livable community.
Still, the automobile remains the primary tool for travel within Westchester County and so the Clean Transportation program has placed a high priority on the transition to electric vehicles.
There are a number of ways you can participate:
- Learn about the advantages of driving electric – Click here.
- Enjoy and be inspired by the incredible creative work of our inaugural High School EV Video contest participants – View video.
- New York Plug-In Electric Vehicle Toll Discount- discounts and incentives for qualified vehicles – register with E-ZPass New York.
- New York Plug-In Electric Vehicle Rebate Program-NYSERDA provides rebates up to $2,000 for purchase or lease of eligible plug-in EV’s. Learn more.
- Learn all about electric vehicles and find programs to help you purchase and reliably charge your car. Click here.
Sustainable Westchester municipalities understand that they must lead by example, and we have assisted a number of communities to add EVs to their fleets and secure charging infrastructure. Program Director Ron Kamen and our staff are happy to help your municipality strategize, navigate the options and identify funding opportunities. Contact them at [email protected].
More about electric vehicles
Why Electric Vehicles: https://sustainablewestchester.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Why-Electric-Vehicles.pdf
How much money can you save with an Electric Vehicle? https://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/savings-calculator
To see how “The Future is Electric” – watch “The Fuel Station of the