A recent Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) study found that “Fleets can
save up to 25% of the total cost of ownership over the life of a vehicle
by replacing select cars with plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs)” and
“…would prevent an average of 67% of each fleet’s modeled vehicle
emissions.” (Read full report here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/sites/default/files/attachments/EVSA-Summary-Report-2016_0.pdf).
One statistic – combining the SW Municipal Solar Buyers pricing with an
Electric Vehicle (EV) for passenger vehicles is equivalent to locking in a
long-term gasoline price @ ~$1.00 per gallon. So, clearly, there are
significant savings to be gained!
The goals of the SW Clean Transportation Project are to:
- Take advantage of immediate NYS grants (there are currently
several millions of dollars of NYS grant funds available on a first-come,
first-served basis. This first program ends on March 31, 2017).
- Create custom fleet plans that will meet each SW member’s unique
- Position SW members for the $100+Million of Volkswagon settlement
funds that will be forthcoming in 2017.
- Combine our collective purchasing power and negotiate discount
purchases & leases that can upgrade the fleets – while reducing fuel &
maintenance costs by as much as 25%
Position your municipality in a leadership role in clean
Our ultimate goal is to then create “Community Choice Aggregation” EV
programs that can also dramatically reduce GHG and Transportation costs
for the residents, businesses, and non-profit institutions in our
The first steps are to:
- Evaluate solar projects with the SW Municipal Solar Buyers Group –
and ask for Electric Vehicle charging station options for the solar
carports and other solar systems.
- Call Jenna at 914-242-4725 or Ron Kamen at 917-453-5740 to discuss the
Clean Transportation program, begin the data collection, and start to
create a customized plan for your municipality.