Sustainable Westchester’s Waste Reduction and Recycling Program promises to
streamline waste and recycling communications between municipality and residents
and thereby –
- Reduce municipal staff burden for coordinating and communicating about recycling with residents
- Reduce residents’ confusion around recycling, and help them find information quickly and accurately
- Help promote recycling and waste diversion
- Bring best practices from other successful communities
- Make it cost-effective using an aggregated purchase model
- Provide ongoing recycling promotion support for municipal staff, residents, and our community
Using ReCollect technology platform, residents of participating municipalities will have access to a one-stop website or mobile app where they can find their address-specific garbage pick-up schedules, what goes (and doesn’t go) in curbside recycling bins, nearby places to donate, repair, recycle any of the 500+ items found in their household or work place, and also easily report any problems to their local municipal staff without having to call or wait on phone.
What next? 30 municipalities have received a detail presentation and demo of this program. Many are now
sharing this information with their staff, discussing with their boards to pass a resolution confirming their
participation! As of today, municipalities that have confirmed their participation are Bronxville, Hastings-on-
Hudson, Irvington, Tarrytown, Tuckahoe and Village of Mamaroneck.
We are happy to give your municipal staff and the board a detailed presentation about this program.
Program Manager, Waste Reduction & Recycling
Email: [email protected]