Local Westchester municipalities, businesses, institutions, residents, and students can participate in the Sustainable Westchester electric vehicle (EV) initiative. We can help you navigate the options, sift through available incentives, and determine a path forward that best meets your needs.
EV’s can do everything a gas powered car can do. Car lovers take note, EV’s are fun to drive, with a 0 to 60 m/h in 3.4 seconds or less. They are virtually silent and coast very easily. Most importantly, they are safe and make a big difference in the environment.
By the numbers
- EV’s can travel 100 miles on an overnight charge from a standard plug.
- The majority of Westchester residents commute less than 30 miles per day.
- 1 EV displaces 15 barrels of oil per year.
- 98% of all US trips are under 50 miles.
- Cut your car maintenance costs, EV’s have 20 moving parts and no oil or transmission fluids while gasoline-fueled cars have 2000 parts.
- The price of an EV is dropping approximately 18% per year and sales growth globally climbs 70% per year.
Clean Transportation Project Goals
- Reduce municipal fleet fuel & maintenance costs by as much as 25%
- Cut municipal transportation Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Upgrade municipal fleets with cost-effective, mission compatible electric vehicles
- Put municipalities in a leadership role in clean
- One EV in every garage, create programs to attract drivers while building consciousness & brand loyalty
- Add small business educational partners
Take Advantage of Rebates
Sustainable Westchester will help you find your purchase or lease grant and any extra discounts for doing your part to
Partnership with Blink Charging!
We have partnered with Blink Charging, a leading owner and operator of electric vehicle (EV) charging equipment and services to promote the build-out of EV charging infrastructure in conjunction with New York’s NYSERDA and Make Ready programs.
Blink and Sustainable Westchester will be advocating and promoting the deployment of Blink’s fast level 2 charger, the IQ 200. Sustainable Westchester has been educating and connecting interested municipalities and businesses through Blink Charging to the new NYSERDA and PSC program called Make Ready New York. This program significantly reduces the total cost of installing publicly-accessible charging stations, all with Blink’s charging equipment. With incentives and Blink’s support, Sustainable Westchester’s goal is to make EV charging infrastructure reliable and accessible throughout the region and to also see one EV in every garage!
To get your charging station initiatives started, please contact Seth Leitman at seth@sustainablewestchester.