Local Westchester municipalities, businesses, institutions, residents and students can go green. All, by participating in the Sustainable Westchester electric vehicle (EV) discount program.
Now more than ever, individuals, companies, and municipal fleets can own or lease a variety of EVs, connect to EV charging station infrastructure and install solar-powered EV charging stations — our “Sunshine to EVs” and chargers that allow for vehicle-to-grid technologies.
EV conversion results in significant savings in vehicle maintenance costs and gas, all while promoting more environmentally friendly and clean/electric transportation solutions.
Sustainable Westchester can help you navigate the options, sift through available incentives, rebates and vendors and help you determine a path forward that best meets your needs.
By the numbers
- EV’s can travel 100 miles on an overnight charge from a standard plug.
- The majority of Westchester residents commute less than 30 miles per day.
- 1 EV displaces 15 barrels of oil per year.
- 98% of all US trips are under 50 miles.
- Cut your car maintenance costs, EV’s have 20 moving parts and no oil or transmission fluids while gasoline-fueled cars have 2000 parts.
- The price of an EV is dropping approximately 18% per year and global sales are growing 70% per year.
Clean Transportation Goals
- Reduce municipal fleet fuel & maintenance costs by as much as 25%
- Cut municipal transportation Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Upgrade municipal fleets with cost-effective, mission compatible electric vehicles
- Put municipalities in a leadership role in clean transportation models
- One EV in every garage, create programs to attract drivers while building consciousness & brand loyalty
- Add small business educational partners
Take Advantage of Rebates
Sustainable Westchester will help you find your purchase or lease grant and any extra discounts for doing your part to
A Positive Charge
Sustainable Westchester has identified opportunities for charging stations to keep EV’s charged up and ready to roll.