Incorporating urban planning and development and complete streets are the anchor principles behind Land Use initiatives.
Sustainable Westchester has put forward a Complete Streets program. Why do Complete Streets matter? Complete Streets are safe, comfortable, and convenient for travel for everyone, regardless of age or ability—motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and public transportation riders.
With simple changes to the way we view and design our roads, we can make sure that everyone is safer, no matter where they’re going or how they’re getting there.
Get Started Today!
- A letter introducing the Complete Streets In A Box Toolkit;
- A powerpoint presentation that explains Complete Streets;
- A Complete Streets Policy template, created with Westchester in mind;
- A draft resolution in support of the Complete Streets Policy.
- Two policies already passed in Westchester: Lewisboro and New Rochelle;
- A list of other NYS municipalities and counties that have passed CS policies;