The Energy Work Group looks to promote the adoption of the technologies and structural innovations that will underpin the transition to a sustainable energy economy in Westchester.
That energy vision will be characterized by high local content and participation. Community Choice Aggregation (Westchester Power) will be at the center of things, since it reaches the most people, but the really exciting developments will be built on top of and around this.
If you are passionate about the potential for renewable energy, efficiency, demand response, microgrids etc. to drive a clean energy transformation, new businesses, jobs and local dollar circulation, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll loop you in.
More opportunities for local action
- Solarize Westchester - Apply to be a Solarize community: www.solarizewestchester.org. Round 2 of the Solarize Community Campaign will be conducted soon.
- Energize NY - promote Residential and Commercial energy-efficiency programs in your community: www.energizeny.org.
- PACE (Property Assessed Clean Financing): Make sure your municipality is signed up for PACE so your local businesses/organizations can assess financing for their energy-efficiency upgrades: http://commercial.energizeny.org/participating_municipalities
- Solar Buyers Group - 17 municipalities have provided information on 75 potential solar projects. Contact Leo Wiegman, if your municipality wants to include a building or car port or other project that can be included on the list.
- Center for Sustainable Development: For interesting Center4SD events and news.
To get involved or for general inquiries, email Dan Welsh