The Energy Committee is organizing around 4 Subcommittees:
- NY Prize/Distributed Power
- Community Choice Aggregation- municipal energy purchasing
- Built Environment: Energy- efficiency, lighting, HVAC, financing, renewables.
- Community/Toolkits- develop toolkits and case studies to promote exchange of information and implementation of energy-efficient practices.
Please go to Google Docs to sign up for a Subcommittee.
More opportunities for local action
- Solarize Westchester - Apply to be a Solarize community: www.solarizewestchester.org. Round 2 of the Solarize Community Campaign will be conducted soon.
- Energize NY - promote Residential and Commercial energy-efficiency programs in your community: www.energizeny.org.
- PACE (Property Assessed Clean Financing): Make sure your municipality is signed up for PACE so your local businesses/organizations can assess financing for their energy-efficiency upgrades: http://commercial.energizeny.org/participating_municipalities
- Solar Buyers Group - 17 municipalities have provided information on 75 potential solar projects. Contact Leo Wiegman, if your municipality wants to include a building or car port or other project that can be included on the list.
- Center for Sustainable Development: For interesting Center4SD events and news.
To get involved or for general inquiries, email Dan Welsh